Saltire Hospitality – Our Scottish Food Suppliers
Saltire Hospitiality – Our Scottish Suppliers at Agriscot
As a family-owned Scottish catering business, we value working closely with local suppliers. We prioritise sourcing seasonal produce and working with suppliers that demonstrate a commitment to sustainability, seasonality, and ethical practices. Our Culinary Director personally selects and evaluates each supplier based on the quality, proximity, and traceability of their food. We are proud to partner with the following local Scottish suppliers for this year’s Agriscot:
- Saltire Patisserie Ltd Our onsite patisserie handcrafts delicious breads, cakes and desserts. Our team of 16 expert bakers and talented pastry chefs specialise in fresh bespoke desserts using local ingredients whilst maintaining a low carbon footprint.
- Mark Murphy– This BRC-accredited supplier based less than 5 miles from the Royal Highland Centre provides us with premium quality, Fairtrade fruit and vegetables, alongside the assurance of a full traceability programme.
- Campbell’s Prime Meats -Based in Linlithgow, this supplier provide us with premium quality Scottish beef, fish, and seafood. They able to evidence traceability of all meat, game, and fish products. Campbells are BRC accredited, members of Soil Association and Catering Mark Supplier Scheme.
- Bonaly Farm Dairy:This supplier provides us with fresh milk, creams, and yoghurts – with the majority of our milk sourced from their Pathhead farms. Bonaly are members of the EFSIS scheme.
- Broxburn Browns: A family-run business, they supply us with the very best fresh eggs from Scottish farms. Where feasible, we use free-range, Lion Brand eggs.
- Italian Aroma Coffee: An independently family-run company, they source quality, ethical coff ee from their base in Glasgow.
- John Gilmour Butcher – Our second appointed family-owned butcher based in East Lothian, providing us with premium Scottish beef. Gilmour Butchers support Scottish farmers and their mission is to supply us with the best sustainably farmed produce Scotland has to off er. By grass-feeding the animal, they add marbling slowly and carefully which enhances the fl avor of their beef.
- JK Thomson– This Musselburgh-based fishmonger provides us with the freshest daily catch.